ProSomnus Sleep Technologies is the Leader in Precision Oral Appliance Therapy for OSA
San Francisco, CA, April 27, 2021 – ProSomnus Sleep Technologies devices will be showcased in at least six poster abstracts at the upcoming virtual AADSM (American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine) Annual Meeting, April 30-May 2. ProSomnus is committed to evidence-based research that enables clinicians to provide the best patient experiences and outcomes for OSA therapy.
Highlighted posters include:
- “Case Study on Toughness of Multiple Devices with a Severe Bruxing Patient” by Neal Seltzer, DMD; Gina
Pepitone-Mattiello, RDH; Keith Batcheller, BS, MA AADSM Poster Abstract
- “Device Design’s Impact on Dose in Oral Appliance Therapy” by Mark T. Murphy, DDS D-ABDSM;
Kimberly Munro, Facility Manager AADSM Poster Abstract
- “The Costs of OSA Treatments: Is OAT More Expensive?” By Len Liptak, MBA AADSM Poster Abstract
- “OAT Device Selection: Characterizing Custom OAT Device Designs and Materials” by Jerry Hu DDS, DABDSM, D-ASBA, D-ACSDD; Len Liptak, MBA AADSM Poster Abstract
- “What Do We Know About Sleep Medicine Physicians’ Preferences Toward OAT?” by Len Liptak, MBA
AADSM Poster Abstract
- “Precision Oral Appliance Therapy: The Prime – Time Treatment for OSA” by Edward T. Sall, MD, DDS,
MBA AADSM Poster Abstract
“ProSomnus proudly supports research that investigates the performance of precision oral appliances for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea,” noted Len Liptak, CEO and Co-Founder. “Precision oral appliances feature qualities that are different from traditional oral appliances. Research is essential for helping sleep physicians and dental sleep providers understand how these differences improve the safety, effectiveness and economics of treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea.”
“We have coordinated with leading key opinion leaders and Dental Sleep Medicine Diplomates to publish studies demonstrating that the use of a precision oral appliance significantly affects the success of their treatments”, commented Dave Kuhns, PhD, CSO.
“Furthermore, in our IRB preference study, the researchers enrolled a broad range of patients and comparative devices to enable a confident determination of preference. Many thanks to these experienced doctors.”
“It is indeed exciting for Medical and Dental professionals to share the success of Oral Appliance Therapy in this way. Efficacy, adherence and now dose management all align with cost effectiveness to facilitate physician acceptance of this treatment for mild and moderate OSA as outlined in the guidelines”, stated Mark T. Murphy, DDS, D-ABDSM.
About ProSomnus Sleep Technologies
ProSomnus ® Sleep Technologies designs, manufactures and markets FDA Cleared Class II Medical Devices for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Diagnosed by Medical Doctors and provided by Dentists, ProSomnus Devices are the first, precision oral appliance therapy devices designed to enhance compliance, mitigate side effects and, enable providers to achieve excellent patient experiences and outcomes. They have been used to treat thousands of patients, with clinical performance that has been validated in numerous studies.
Heather Whalen, VP Marketing Communications